The meshnet Team
Theo L. Laughner started PowerGrid-RX Inc in January 2018 after a 21year career at TVA. During his time at TVA, he was responsible for setting the direction of the power quality program at TVA and served as a focal point for resolving power quality issues throughout TVA’s system. He focused on integrating data from over 1700 power quality monitors, digital fault recorders, revenue meters, and microprocessor relays into an enterprise database system. His accomplishments at TVA garnered him the prestigious NSPE Top 10 of all Federal Engineers in 2017.
PowerGrid-RX has been helping utilities and their stakeholders maximize investment in data for the contemporary grid. Theo is a senior member of IEEE where he chairs a variety of working groups in cyber security and power quality. He serves as the US National Committee Representative to CIGRE for System Technical Performance. He is a Professional Engineer in the state of Tennessee. He holds certifications as a ForeScout Certified System Engineer, and Ham Radio operator.
A native of Colorado, Tony was born in Delta, and has lived and worked for most of his life western Colorado. He resides with his wife Marie in Grand Junction. After attending Western State College in Gunnison, Tony enjoyed a successful career in sales for several large companies, including Shasta Beverages, CD Smith Wholesale, RJ Reynolds, and MJB Coffee. Tony received numerous performance awards for his sales achievements and innovative sales techniques. After living in Phoenix for several years, Tony returned to Colorado to develop several businesses. His business portfolio grew to include a major fast food restaurant franchise, an accounts receivables company, and several US Postal Service contract stations. Tony coordinated the daily operations of these businesses, including human resources, inventory management, and finance.
Tony uses his diverse background to contribute to the community. With his bilingual skills, he has enjoyed actively helping residents who speak Spanish as their primary language to become more involved in the community through teaching basic conversational English. His bilingual capabilities were also beneficial in the startup and operation of a manufacturing company in Mexico which included cross border shipments into the United States. He was responsible for the design and setup of production, shipments, sales, and financial operations in the United States and Mexico. Most recently, Tony assisted a roof, wall and floor truss operation as an investor and advisor. He has gained valuable knowledge and experience with all aspects of the production and sales of wood products.
A highly experienced resource and infrastructure professional having extensive experience with major mining, engineering and construction companies, holding senior management positions over the last 20+ years, including feasibility studies, market reports, test-work, contracts and construction for greenfield and brownfield projects both in Australia and overseas for a range of public and private companies.
- Extensive experience in IT&T systems having assisted companies with design, procurement, installation and commissioning complex projects within Australia and overseas.
- Extensive experience in Power Generation (including Hydro, Diesel, Gas and Solar Power Stations) and Gas Production having assisted companies with design, procurement, installation and commissioning projects within Australia and overseas.
- Specialist in Innovation and Technology with a proven track record in safely delivering unique applications in the resource and infrastructure sectors.
Stephen Whitehurst, 40 years in the Western Colorado, Grand Junction area, Steve Whitehurst has spent the majority of his professional career in the manufacturing industry, developing and leading companies to success. As an ambitious entrepreneur, Steve’s advanced education in Business Management, Business Accounting and Computer Science related fields have been instrumental in his success as a company leader.
Whitehurst's former responsibilities include:
- Global Director of IT, Reynolds Polymer Technology
- President and General Manager of United Frame Works, a multi-million-dollar company built from the ground up under his direction
- General Manager of a Colorado based Civil Construction & Mining company, managing Governmental Compliance, Network Administration, Office Management, R&D, Product Development, Sales and Customer Relations, Program Developer and Educator
- 6 years with Borden, Inc., As a Programmer writing national level accounting software including, Design, Installation and training nationwide.